Multi-discipline adventurer but don’t need so much volume? The 2400 Porter is our 40 liter, 30.5 oz. (865 gram) version of this streamlined, minimalist ultralight pack and will hold all your gear for shorter trips or for the experienced ultralight backpacker, hiker or mountaineer. Also a great pack for hauling climbing gear to the crag.
The Porter 2400 has all of the same features as our high-selling Porter 4400 but with decreased volume and four side compression straps instead of six. The pack has multiple attachment points with four vertical daisy chains, a Y-top compression over the roll-top closure, two vertical compression straps, removable shaped aluminum stays, a hydration port, an internal mesh hydration sleeve, an internal zipper pocket, a double-reinforced 150d bottom, and features a padded wrap-around hip belt that keeps the pack snug to your waist and allows the load to rest on hips rather than shoulders.
New features for 2014 include fully sealed side seams for improved water resistance, a more durable double-reinforced 150d pack bottom, added hip-belt length and re-designed optional hip-belt pockets for improved utility. Constructed from our Cuben/50d Poly hybrid fabric, a rain cover is not necessary, particularly when used with Cuben fiber stuff sacks as an added layer of water-resistant security. Recommended carrying capacity range is 20-40 lbs.
Note: This pack can be custom-fitted to carry skis upon telephone request.
1.9lbs : 30.5 oz : 865g
- Main body is made from a durable, 100% waterproof, rip-stop Cuben Fiber/50d Polyester hybrid material
- 2400 cu/in capacity
- Two removable, shaped aluminum stays
- Padded back panel with lumbar support for added comfort
- Bright interior makes it easy to load and organize contents
- Two exterior daisy chains for attaching gear or other accessories
- Two side compression straps with side release buckles to tighten pack load or to help secure gear
- Removable roll-top compressor straps that can double as accessory straps
- Roll-top closure can be closed using accessory compression straps or clipped closed like a dry bag via side release buckles
- Roll-top storm closure with hook and loop to keep pack opening aligned and protected from the elements
- Top Y-strap compressor system - also designed to also hold sleeping pad or other gear
- Thick padded shoulder straps with moisture wicking, antimicrobial mesh spacer fabric providing both cushioned comfort and maximum air flow
- Padded hip belt with 1.5" webbing and bar tacks every 1.5" for attaching accessories or carabineers
- Optional Spectra Hardline, zippered pockets on the hip belt for stowing small items
- Side compression straps to tighten pack load and to stow trekking poles when not in use
- Shoulder strap daisy chains
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Internal zippered pocket for organizing smaller items
- Double-reinforced Cuben/150d Poly pack bottom
- Haul loop handle
- Bar tacked reinforcements on all stress points
- Fully sealed main body seams.
- Stitched with Spectra Fiber thread and a bonded tex 69
- Hand crafted in Maine, USA
- Top Circumference - 37 1/2" or 95.25cm
- Bottom Circumference - 33 1/2" or 85.09cm
- Height Fully Unrolled - 30" or 72.6cm
- Back width - 10 1/2" or 26.67cm
- Small 2400 cu/in
- Medium 2400 cu/in
- Large 2500 cu/in
- Tall 2500 cu/in