With its streamlined design plus a multitude of attachment points, the Porter 3400 gives mountaineers, hikers, multi-discipline adventurers and day-tripping packrafters a variety of options providing the capability for trip-specific customization.
This 55 liter, 33 oz. (936 gram) ultralight pack is fifteen liters smaller than our 4400 model but includes all the same features including four vertical daisy chains for lashing paddles, snowshoes, or a helmet. This model also has great pack volume for traveling in areas where you need to carry a bear canister.
The Porter 3400 includes a Y-top compression over the roll-top closure, two vertical compression straps, six side compression straps, removable shaped aluminum stays, an internal zipper pocket, a double-reinforced 150d bottom, and features a padded wrap-around hip belt that keeps the pack snug to your waist and allows the load to rest on hips rather than shoulders.
New features for 2014 include fully sealed side seams for improved water resistance, a more durable double-reinforced 150d pack bottom, added hip-belt length and re-designed optional hip-belt pockets for improved utility. Constructed from our Cuben/50d Poly hybrid fabric, a rain cover is not necessary, particularly when used with Cuben fiber stuff sacks as an added layer of water-resistant security. Recommended carrying capacity range is 20-40 lbs.
For extra external carrying capacity, try the Porter Stuff Pocket, an attachable external mesh pocket available in the accessories section of the website.
Note: This pack can be custom-fitted to carry skis upon telephone request.
2.1lbs : 33oz : 936g
- Main body is made from a durable, 100% waterproof, rip-stop Cuben/50d Polyester hybrid material
- 3400 cu/in capacity
- Two removable, shaped aluminum stays
- Padded back panel with lumbar support for added comfort
- Bright interior makes it easy to load and organize contents
- Two exterior daisy chains for attaching gear or other accessories
- Three side compression straps with side release buckles to tighten pack load or to help secure gear
- Removable roll-top compressor straps that can double as accessory straps
- Roll-top closure can be closed using accessory compression straps or clipped closed like a dry bag via side release buckles
- Roll-top storm closure with hook and loop to keep pack opening aligned and protected from the elements
- Top Y-strap compressor system - also designed to also hold sleeping pad or other gear
- Thicker padded shoulder straps with moisture wicking, antimicrobial mesh spacer fabric allowing for both cushion and maximum air flow
- Padded hip belt with 1.5" webbing and bar tacks every 1.5" for attaching accessories or carabineers
- Optional Spectra Hardline, zippered pockets on the hip belt for stowing small items
- Side compression straps to tighten pack load and to stow trekking poles when not in use
- Shoulder strap daisy chains
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Internal zippered stuff-it pocket for organizing smaller items
- Double-reinforced Cuben/150d Poly pack bottom
- Haul loop handle
- Bar tacked reinforcements on all stress points
- Fully sealed main body seams.
- Stitched with Spectra Fiber thread and a bonded tex 69
- 100% rainproof
- Hand crafted in Maine, USA
- Sm (15.0” - 17.0” torso)
- Medium (17.0” - 19.0” torso)
- Large (19.0” - 21.0” torso)
- Tall (21.0"+ torso)
- Top Circumference - 40" or 101.6cm
- Bottom Circumference - 33 1/2" or 85.09cm
- Height Fully Unrolled - 34" or 83.36cm
- Back width - 10 1/2" or 26.67cm