The smallest, lightest SteriPEN, the AdventurerOpti, uses a revolutionary optical eye to sense the water. The patent-pending technology provides safe use and the standard insulating sleeve around the UV lamp allows purification in even the coldest of waters.
Fast, Light, Easy and Effective, the AdventurerOpti provides the ultimate protection from waterborne illnesses. Giardia, cryptosporidium, bacteria and viruses are all destroyed –in seconds—by SteriPEN® UV light. Similar to other SteriPEN models, the Opti purifies 0.5 L (16 oz.) in 48 seconds and 1.0L (32 oz.) in just 90 seconds. The UV lamp provides up to 8,000 one-liter treatments.
The AdventurerOpti retail package includes 2 non-rechargeable (disposable) CR123 batteries and a neoprene case with belt loop. Device works with containers with minimum 1.75 in. diameter opening (ie Nalgene wide-mouth bottles).
- Weight: 103g/3.6 oz. with batteries.
- Size: 15.5cm. (6.1in.) x 3.3cm. (1.5in.) x 2.2cm. (1.0in.)
- Battery: Uses two CR123 batteries (included)
- Battery life: Disposable -- 100 treatments (16oz./0.5L); Rechargeable -- 40-50 treatments (16oz./0.5L)
- UV Lamp Life: 8,000 treatments